Efficient Storm Damage Repair Services
When storms cause damage to your home or office, make 3JM Exteriors, Inc. your first call. Our experienced storm damage repair team can restore the safety, functionality and appearance of your structure.
What Is Storm Damage?
Storm damage can show up in many forms:
- Damage to roofing. Hail and wind can easily cause enough damage to warrant replacing your existing roof. When hail strikes a roof system, the impact will cause the shingle matting to break or bruise, which will expose the matting that granules are adhered to. Shingle matting was not designed to be exposed to sunlight or weather, and once the matting is exposed, it’s only a matter of time before the roof system will leak and not perform correctly. Roof vents and flashing can also sustain damage when struck by hail, and these components are very important in keeping the roof system performing correctly. Wind typically will blow shingles completely off the roof decking or crease and tear shingles beyond repair, leaving easy access for water penetration.
- Damage to siding: When hail strikes vinyl siding, it will crack or break holes in the siding. These holes and breaks can allow excessive water into the interior of the siding system, causing multiple problems. Aluminum siding sustains damage a little differently than vinyl siding. When hail strikes aluminum siding, it will crease or dent the siding. Wind damages siding and fascia by blowing pieces or whole elevations off the home, which can expose your home to even more deterioration.
- Damage to gutters: Gutters, like aluminum siding, will crease and dent and sometimes be knocked loose.
Why Is It Important to Repair Storm Damage?
If any part of your structure has experienced storm damage, it’s important to get professional repairs right away. Efficient storm damage repair services can have an impact on:
- Performance & appearance. Without repairs, roofing, siding and gutters will not perform as the manufacturer intended and will not look as great as they should. Leaks will form and cause major damage to the interior components of your structure, including the framing, drywall, insulation and personal property.
- Warranties. Without professional repairs, all warranties associated with your roofing, siding and gutters are null and void after sustaining hail damage. If you have major problems years down the road, the manufacturer will deny any responsibility due to the storm damage to its product.
- Property value. If your property is sold in a damaged condition, you will not be able to maximize the value you could get. If you sell your property after professional storm damage repair services, the restored roofing, siding and gutters will have added great value for the next owner of the property. Homebuyers will pay more to have peace of mind that the roofing, siding and gutters are in new condition and won’t be an added expense in the near future.
What Impact Will Filing a Claim Have on Your Insurance Policy?
Storm claims are looked at differently than individual claims. A storm is an “act of God,” which means there is nothing the property owner could have done to stop the damage from happening. In that situation, the claim will not count against you like other claims. A major point to consider, however, is when a storm causes damage to highly populated areas, the insurance companies recoup their losses by raising everyone’s rates – not just the property owners who file a claim. So it is in your best interest to file a claim if you have sustained damage because your rates are going up regardless.
3JM Exteriors, Inc. specializes in insurance restoration. We have a qualified team that goes through extensive training to be the best. We also have former insurance adjusters on staff who have successfully negotiated thousands of claims for property owners over the years. Our inspection process and insurance claim assistance process are second-to-none, and we will make sure you’re taken care of by your insurance carrier. You can rest assured that 3JM Exteriors, Inc. will not stop until your claim has been finalized and you’re happy!
Contact Us for Storm Damage Support
Please call 3JM Exteriors, Inc. at (630) 985-6494 or contact us online to learn more about our storm damage repair services and insurance claims support. Let us be the trusted expert you can count on for solutions!